Friday 16 July 2010

Week 3 reflection

I have always found that I am interested in technology. I like to learn about new tools, and play around with things. One of the main reasons why I decided to do the TIE program was for my passion for technology use in the classrooms. I believe there are so many great ways that students can learn online that often teachers are just too afraid to go out and try them. I think that if more teachers took an interest in using technology then we could prepare the students for the world more efficiently. Students these days are capable of using technology in ways that weren't yet around when I was in school. I don't think that anyone isn't a "good" teacher if they aren't using any technology in the classroom, I just feel that a "good" teacher could have potential to be an even better teacher if they open their eyes up. I think that students need to feel comfortable with technology because by the time they're out in the real world they won't think twice about using it. Even the most basic thing such as how to type in a word document is a skill that can't be reproduced with out technology. If you want to have any type of job now a days you need to have at least basic knowledge of how to use programs such as Microsoft Word. So, that is my thought on why technology is very important in the classrooms. I look forward to keep learning new tools that I can teach my fellow colleagues about as well as use it with my students.

This week instead of meeting in person on Thursday we have a virtual meeting with our group members. I really enjoyed this experience because I think it's a skill that you should have to keep with you. I had never heard of such tools as dimdim or enterprise. I think those would be fun to explore with my students in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the idea of having students reflect on the importance of or over emphasis upon technology. The difficulty that I have with this discussion is that I am not sure everyone is playing with an even playing field when they try to answer that question. Additionally, we can't put systemic use of technology into the same discussion as project based integration. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete