Tuesday 6 July 2010

Week 2 reflection

Week 2:

This week has been a little overwhelming with so much information to take in. I'm glad we got to actually meet the teacher in person instead of having him skype into us. One tool that I found really interesting that I would consider using in my future classroom is the today's meet. I felt that it was a great way for the students to speak their thoughts with out interrupting the teacher. I had also never considered twitter to be something that could help me find resources for lesson plans. I always thought it was more of a social network or something where people post pointless things. I have started following the people who have skyped into us, and have been looking for other good resources for the fall. On Thursday's class the aspect I thought was more important to me was learning about the keyword search options. I thought the websites that were shown to us showed me a more efficient way to search the web. I also liked Quintura for kids. I think its important that that website filters the searches so the students can't search anything inappropriate. These are all resources I would like to bring with me to my future classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Great background as it says a lot about your focus and direction I think. When things get out of control as far as tools, try and put things into a framework for yourself. Evaluate the different tools based upon learning vocabulary. There are multiple tools that will do the same thing and really the choice of the tool comes down to personal appreciation.

    The most important aspect of evaluating a tool is the learning curve. If we do not have a lot of time for learning how to use the tool, than we shouldn't use it. We don't want the technology to inhibit the learning right.

    The next step for us to think about is evaluating the resources when do have successful searches. That isn't easy to do. That is the overwhelming part.

    I look forward to reading more from you. What are your thoughts on learning to learn with technology? Are there fundamental learning experiences that are better or can not be reproduced without technology?

    ReplyDelete