Thursday 29 July 2010

Final reflection

As yet another class at NLU comes to a close, I've done some thinking. Overall, I have to admit that this class has been one of the most useful and helpful yet that I've taken in regards to actual classroom use. I know that I will continue to use many of the skills gained in this class. I was able to start thinking about can I teach my lessons with out technology? Why do I need to use technology in the classroom? Am I still a good teacher if I don't use it? Also something to consider is implementing sandbox time. I think it is really important for the students to freely explore a new tool. I want my students to get excited about the technology I choose to use and I feel without some sandbox time they won't learn on their own. I can stand up in front and lecture them step by step, but most people learn by doing, not just by listening. This is true for students and teachers, teachers need sandbox time too! I need to be able to explore web tools before I can introduce it to my students. This class has given me more confidence for searching for tools and finding ways to use them in the classroom.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you continue exploring how technology can make an impact on your thoughts. Teachers who utilize technology within their own learning are much more likely to use technology in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete